Saturday, March 5, 2016

Requiem



The dark night is lighted by the aria of the voice that can’t be heard as I prepare my instrument.

The time is here. Everyone is in position. I take my seat and wait the signal.
The gelid whispers of the wind sound in this lonely room. I take my violin and begin to play my part of the presentation.
A lonely note eternally sustained burst the ethereal flame within the music sheet.
My body is no longer mine as its movement gives life to the black melody written before me.
My body changes. My hair grows. My skin turns moonlight. My silhouette, before rectilinear, turns into smooth curves. And at the end, the midnight veil falls over me, taking out the improper outfit and dress me for the special occasion.
The wind instruments reach the crescendo when the seal falls, making the music sheets fly around me.
The sweet requiem of damned echoes all around the world with the reborn of Cthulhu.
           He is here to enjoy his bride. I play here to satisfy his dark passion.


* * *
Afterwords:

I wrote this before knowing that the ilustration was inspired by  H.P. Lovecraft's short story "The Music Of Erich Zann"... even if you don't believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...